Gurnee Personal Injury Attorney
Get the Help You Need with Your Personal Injury Claim.
If you have been injured in an accident you may feel like there is no one on your side. However, if you are located in or around Gurnee, Illinois, you DO have someone on your side. We are a knowledgeable and experienced personal injury law firm based in Gurnee, IL—and we are always here for you.
What Should You Do if You are Injured in an Accident?
If you are injured, be it from a car accident, on the job injury or even a dog bite, you may be overwhelmed by the prospect of what to do next. That’s why we have put together a simple guide to help you through the next steps.
- File an accident report – If you are involved in an auto accident, file a police report immediately. For other incidents (such as a slip and fall or construction site injury) file a report with the property or business owner where the incident occurred.
- Gather information – Write down the name, address and telephone number of all individuals and witnesses involved in the accident. Also request insurance information from any person or entity involved in the accident.
- Seek medical attention – Your health and recovery should be top priority. Don’t delay or refuse treatment; seek medical attention for your injuries immediately so your injuries are clearly documented.
- Collect supporting information – Retain copies of medical bills, accident reports, forms that document time off work, and other information pertaining to your claim. If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, vehicles involved and any visible injuries.
- Limit your communication – Do not give statements or sign paperwork, even if asked to by insurance companies or responsible parties, without first contacting Marks Injury Law.
- Contact our firm – Attorney Jason Marks will meet with you, listen to what happened and provide advice for your next steps. Our firm can represent you in court and handle all communications with insurance companies, establish your claim and protect your rights in your personal injury matter.
Why Choose Marks Injury Law for Your Personal Injury Case
Obtained a settlement of $200,000 for a client who was injured in two separate car accidents that occurred 7 weeks apart. The client sustained a herniated disc in her lumbar spine as a result of the accidents that required surgery. A lawsuit was filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County that alleged an indivisible injury since the accidents occurred in such close proximity to each other. At the close of discovery, the insurance carrier for each defendant agreed to pay its policy limit of $100,000 to resolve the claim.
Settled a claim for an 87 year old woman for $120,000 after she was struck by a taxi cab while crossing the street in front of the library in downtown Waukegan. She sustained significant sprains, strains and contusions as a result of the incident and was hospitalized for approximately five days. After being released from the hospital she spent three weeks in a rehabilitation facility followed by one month of home physical therapy.
Contact Us Today Regarding your Gurnee Personal Injury Case
No matter what type of accident you were involved in or what your injuries, working with a Gurnee personal injury attorney makes sense! Reach out to us today and we will be glad to review your case for free.