If you have worked with us before, please feel free to submit your feedback.
- Obtained a $725,000 settlement on behalf of a union laborer who was injured at a construction site when he was struck in the wrist by a piece of plywood that was blown off a nearby scaffold.
- Obtained a $600,000 settlement for a retired veteran for injuries sustained as a result of alleged medical malpractice at the VA Hospital in North Chicago, IL. The claim was brought pursuant to the Federal Tort Claims Act. The settlement was approved by the Department of Justice and paid by the United States government.
- Obtained a settlement in the amount of $300,000 on behalf of a woman who was involved in a motor vehicle collision when another vehicle exited a private drive and struck her vehicle in the passenger side. The woman sustained fractured ribs and a herniated disc in her cervical spine as a result of the collision. Surgery was recommended to address the ongoing problems from the herniated disc, but was never performed.
- Obtained a $250,000 recovery for the driver of a motor vehicle who was involved in a collision when he attempted to make a left hand turn from eastbound Rt. 60 to proceed northbound on Waukegan Rd. A head-on collision occurred in the middle of the intersection after the other driver entered the intersection on a red light. The driver sustained a herniated disc in his neck and underwent a fusion surgery. The at-fault driver’s insurance company paid its policy limit of $20,000 to settle the claim. The remaining $230,000 was recovered from the client’s own insurance company after an arbitration hearing was held pursuant to the underinsured motorist coverage provided by the policy.
- Obtained a settlement of $250,000 on behalf of a woman who sustained multiple fractures in a motor vehicle accident when the Defendant’s vehicle crossed the center-line and struck her vehicle head-on. The Plaintiff received the entirety of the Defendant’s insurance policy, or $20,000, and the remaining $230,000 from her insurance carrier pursuant to her Underinsured Motorist coverage.
- Obtained a settlement of $225,000 for an HVAC service technician who fell from a fixed ladder while carrying a tank of Freon. Plaintiff suffered a fracture of the calcaneus and underwent open reduction internal fixation surgery. He was able to return to work as an HVAC technician. Future fusion surgery has been recommended. Plaintiff alleged the ladder was maintained in violation of OSHA standards, but testified that he had ascended the ladder without incident shortly before the injury occurred.
- Obtained a settlement of $200,000 for a client who was injured in two separate car accidents that occurred 7 weeks apart. The client sustained a herniated disc in her lumbar spine as a result of the accidents that required surgery. A lawsuit was filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County that alleged an indivisible injury since the accidents occurred in such close proximity to each other. At the close of discovery, the insurance carrier for each defendant agreed to pay its policy limit of $100,000 to resolve the claim.
- Settled a claim for an 87 year old woman for $120,000 after she was struck by a taxi cab while crossing the street in front of the library in downtown Waukegan. She sustained significant sprains, strains and contusions as a result of the incident and was hospitalized for approximately five days. After being released from the hospital she spent three weeks in a rehabilitation facility followed by one month of home physical therapy.
- Settled a claim in the amount of $425,000 for an airline pilot who sustained an injury to his low back at work when he fell from a ladder while descending from the cockpit. The pilot, who had previously undergone a fusion of the lumbar spine years before the work accident, sustained an aggravation of the pre-existing condition of his lumbar spine due to the fall which resulted in lumbar radiculopathy. He was also diagnosed with sacroiliitis as a result of the fall. Eventually he received a spinal cord stimulator to treat his condition and was given permanent restrictions that prevented him from flying a plane. The settlement included an additional $400,000 for future medical treatment resulting in a total settlement of $825,000
- Obtained a settlement in the amount of $375,000 for a tow truck driver who sustained an injury to his knee while in the course of his employment. The injured employee suffered a torn meniscus as a result of the work accident and underwent 4 surgical procedures. He was left with permanent restrictions and not able to return to his prior line of employment as a tow truck driver.
- Obtained a settlement in the amount of $350,000 for a union laborer who sustained multiple injuries to his bilateral hands and wrists as a result of repetitive/cumulative trauma from, among other things, operating a jackhammer for a number of years. The injured employee underwent approximately 10 surgical procedures which included a wrist fusion.
- Secured a settlement in the amount of $280,750 for a union electrician who sustained an injury to his shoulder after falling over a piece of equipment on a job site. The injured worker underwent two surgeries to repair a torn rotator cuff and was left with permanent restrictions that prevented him from returning to his line of work as an electrician. The settlement was made on the basis of a wage differential under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Obtained a settlement in the amount of $275,000 for an employee who sustained bilateral rotator cuff tears and other injuries when he fell during the course of his employment. The injured worker underwent a shoulder surgery and eventually sustained a re-tear of the rotator cuff. The 65 year old injured worker was unable to return to his prior employment. The claim was brought pursuant to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Obtained a settlement in the amount of $256,000 for a union mason who injured his lower back while moving materials at a construction site. The settlement was based on a wage differential under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Obtained a settlement of $235,000 for a union ironworker who was injured when he fell from approximately 18 feet at a job site fracturing his arm. The settlement was paid as a Wage Differential pursuant to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Recovered a settlement of $200,000 for an employee who fell from a cell phone tower and sustained an injury to his low back. The client had previously undergone back surgery before being injured at work. The injury aggravated the condition of his back and resulted in another surgery. He was left with permanent restrictions and was unable to return to work in his prior job.
- Obtained a settlement of $95,000 for a tire factory worker who sustained an injury to his low back while on the job. The injury caused an aggravation of a pre-existing degenerative condition of his lumbar spine and resulted in a fusion surgery. He completed a course of physical therapy after surgery and returned to his prior job without restrictions.