Lake County Personal Injury Attorney
Gurnee, Illinois Personal Injury Claim Lawyer
If you are injured by the fault of another, you have a right to pursue compensation for your injuries. Additionally, you may pursue action on behalf of a loved one who was injured, but may be unable to initiate their claim. Contact Attorney Jason Marks and he will help you determine whether you have a claim and explain the next steps.
At Marks Injury Law, we handle personal injury claims throughout the Chicago area including:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Dog Bites
Personal injury claims must be filed within a time period defined by Illinois law. Speak with Attorney Jason Marks immediately so that he may protect your rights and those of your loved ones.
Personal Injury Checklist
Here are some tips to help you focus on your health and lay a foundation for a successful personal injury claim.
- Exchange information – Write down the names, addresses, insurance company information, drivers’ license numbers and any other pertinent data such as the license plate and make and model of the vehicles of all involved parties. If any witnesses are on the scene, ask them for their contact information.
- Seek medical attention – Your health is the top priority. Do not delay seeking medical treatment for your injuries or refuse to go to the hospital. Your injuries should be addressed immediately. You may not even recognize you are injured immediately after an accident due to adrenaline or because some injuries do not manifest right away. Seek medical attention as soon as possible so your problems and injuries are documented.
- File an accident report – If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, file a report with police and the Illinois Department of Transportation as soon as you are able. There is a limited amount of time to file the report. For all other incidents such as a slip and fall or construction site injury file a report with management or supervisory personnel where the incident occurred.
- Contact our firm – Attorney Jason Marks can meet with you, listen to what happened and advise you on the next steps in your matter. Our firm can represent you and handle all communications with insurance companies, help you establish your claim and protect your rights in a personal injury matter.
- Collect supporting information – Be sure to retain copies of medical treatment documents, medical bills, accident reports, forms that document time off from work, and any other information pertaining to your claim. If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and your visible injuries.
- Limit your communication – Avoid giving any statements or signing any paperwork provided by insurance companies or liable parties without first seeking the advice of your attorney.
Remember, there is a limited amount of time to file a claim, so please contact Marks Injury Law today to schedule a time to discuss your personal injury case. We have convenient office hours and flexible appointments available to suit your needs. You may meet with us at our Gurnee, or Chicago, Illinois offices. If you are not able to come to us, we can travel to you. The consultation is free; we charge no fees until we win your case. Attorney Jason Marks faithfully serves Lake County, Cook County and Chicagoland.